My First Friend in Pittsburgh

My first friend in Pittsburgh

Greeted me at the door 

Sat on the sofa next to me

And licked my ear some more


Buddies from the start we are

We slept together for weeks 

Though he was trespassing there

Kitty got an arm rest Scott free


I think he wants a bite of my dinner

Patiently he sits, his nose glistening

Kibbles and bits fit the healthy diet

Plushy dolls, and dinner debris dessert


Lying by the heat vents, they're no fools

A tropical blast in a house kept cold

Carpet traction for sharp crazy runs

Love the way his lip drips belly up fun


I'd escape these premises too if I were him

Finally glad to get walked someplace new

Sniffing his territory pooped in back alone

A parted curtain view out front to roam


When I come to call, perchance to stay

My buddy is there warm wild and wet

Settle down cuddled fuzzy chin on my lap

Their dog's my best friend you bet


Nov. 12, 2023

Comments

Popular Posts