Old Friend Jim

 

old friend Jim,

in this world, who invites me in?

who will let me stay

when my heart feels like it is blowing away?

who will catch it before it becomes dazed

as we gently embrace each other

feels so good

the way i am feeling today.

I cry with fear of losing my way

until I find the way back to dear Jim

with the winding road to freedom slim

all the silliness and Dr. Drek responses

remind me what is the difference between us two

and dear Jim knows the differences

he lets me inside and knows the difference

though his body is shocked uncontrollably

tolerating the thunder and the pain

our hearts, the same, do not change

Jim remembers me and lets me in

over and over again

we remember from where we came

the music and creativity, 

the path through the forest back to the vicinity

of our youth,

through the wives that snagged our lives

the children we won't let go of,

the ones we won't ever stop loving

i renew myself in Newington

with the man who always comes through

caring for each other into a better future

that we are both confident will come true

but being here now presently,

stabilizing, sustaining me,

reminding me of where I am from

knowing me until i leave

to find my way back home.

 

May 28, 2021

Comments

Popular Posts