Farewell Cookie Dough

 

Nala and Latte, I'm loving you.

You're in my heart.

In my breast

How you loved my loving

Adorable muffins

Sweeny Poo was mighty

Catching mice birds outside

But you caught my eye

warmed my soul

You were its hearthstone

Orphans of the streets

Such happy joy for beasts

Tanuki and Cookie house born

Raised with love

Silver bowls and toys

So sad to leave you

So sad to see you leave,

Rest in peaceful catnap

Cookie Dough, no cat sweeter

Always like a kitten

An acrobat catching flies

Running down stairs for plastic yellow cap

Playful. Joyful, nuzzling sweetheart 

Never knew loneliness

Never knew pain

Survived by brother Tanuki, the wonder samurai

Calm as a cloud, funny as heck

Fearful of Sweeney-Poo wrath

Yet selective with his swift sword

With respect and clutziness

Latte smart in strategy,

Not afraid of sloppy falls

Tense in anticipation

Zeroing in on a mouse toy

Feline family so faithful and fun


September 14, 2023

Comments

Popular Posts