The Spirit of Music

walk the world without music

jingling in my brain

as I fly in the sky

around the world with the sound of planes

covering that volume up

with the spirit source

the coincidental tunes

that plugs into my moods

makes it right

removes the feeling of strangeness

that causes the pain of rearranging

with nothing to fill the heart

but air bubbles floating through the ventricles

and red liquid without a spirit to name

that is until the music

the spirit of music that animates me

when the ears want something to see

and something to do other than closing them

plugging them

hearing nothing new

listening to nothing old

but refried pain where nothing is changed

that's what music alleviates

transforms sharp rock with barnacles

into smooth pebbles that can skip over the surface

with the happiness of inertia

this music remains

turned on always in my mind

in my ears

in my tapping toes

in my nodding head

in my drumming fingers

this is how I walk into heaven

with my eyes up listening to harps

this is how i walk into heaven

and avoid those hellish drops

with music all around

synchronized tunes

with the theme that blooms around me

in the center of the swirl

in the cyclone eye of the world

with the wishing achieved

music is the air that releases pressure

to breathe the trees and flowers

and birds that fly for hours

the beat is the heartbeat

the rhythm is the tides from full moons

to know the melody is the morning

blossoming into an afternoon

and bearing fruit in the evening

for a night of sweet dreams

 

June 29, 2021

Comments

Popular Posts